A Sunday of The Simple Pleasures

Though I didn't get to blogging during the week, it was one full of recovering (working over 30 hrs in 3 days with the Bele Chere Festival going on), planning, month end close and working. Today it occurred to me that I really should take at least one day, or even just part of the day, to enjoy the simple pleasures. Although life changes, and there are difficult times, it is these simple pleasure that remind us what is important. 


Yes, I have mentioned before enjoying the small things, taking notice of the beautiful life around us. 
But today it occurred to me, as I am working and planning some more, that I really need to enjoy the simple pleasures much more than I have been. The stresses have taken a much larger part of my existence, and the pleasures have been too few and too far between.

It is easy to let these things fall by the wayside. We are busy, we are stressed, we have deadlines, bills to pay, work to do, kids to worry about, house to clean. The days go by so fast. 

But without enjoying the simple pleasure, what is the point? And really, how much time will it really take from your day? The reality is that it will ADD to you day, not take away at all. It will make all those chores just that much sweeter.

For instance, I did the whole lot of yesterday's dishes this morning because I wanted to come home from work and make a nice dinner (what I neglected to do yesterday), in a clean kitchen, just so the whole family could sit together and enjoy a wonderful meal. A simple pleasure. It took a whopping 20 minutes to clean the kitchen. A small price to pay for a simple pleasure later today.

And this simple pleasure won't be easy to come by in the next few weeks, when our oldest is back at college and the other kids are starting school. Life will change again, and having the simple pleasure of the whole family together will be few and far between. 

We must take the simple pleasures, take them and ADD them to our days, whatever they may be. Because we will find out later that they really were the big things.

What is one of the simple pleasures YOU enjoy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread