Walking on Wednesday ~ Roller Coasters

I LOVE roller coasters. 

Well, perhaps I should say I used to love roller coasters. I haven't actually been on a real one in years. I loved the excitement, the expectations of that giddy feeling in your stomach, then the thrill of the motion. A wild ride, a few minutes of actual real fun. Then the ride slows to a halt, you find you legs and step off onto solid ground and venture off to find the next bit of fun. 

This was what amusement park rides normally are like for me, well except for the ones that spin in two different directions and then around and around. THOSE make me feel like if I don't get off RIGHT NOW I am going to get so sick and perhaps die. I downright panic that I can't get off, and that makes it even worse, because the ride still no doubt has several, very long drawn out minutes left.

No wonder people associate life with roller coasters. We can find our timeline of life events (not to use FB lingo, but what other way is there to say it?) filled with expectations, excitement, thrills of new things and people, and then as our lives change, one event slows and we step off to find the next ride in our lives. We experience a roller coaster of emotions, some that give you that giddy feeling in your stomach, and some that give you that sick feeling in your stomach, and then some that do both.

Lately, I feel like I am on a ride and is giving me that 'makes me want to throw up' feeling. I know that most if it is self-imposed. Events and stresses that I shouldn't let take a toll on me, well they are. I want to get off this metaphorical ride, it is no fun anymore, at all. It is one ride that I have had quite enough of.

Once I recover, I will be more than ready to climb on another, however. Perhaps one with a less steep incline, perhaps one that doesn't have a drop like you jumped (or were pushed) off a cliff. A nice, easy, rip-roaring fun one. One that I can fit everything I really want on it. Sure, it may have to be more like a kiddy ride compared to some of the other ones I have been on, but after one that makes me panic and want to get off 5 minutes ago, I could use a kiddy ride. 


And maybe a Merry-go-round ride too. And a beef-on-weck sandwich (had every time we went to the Erie County Fair as a kid) and of course some ice cream and cotton candy. 

Then, after digesting well, I will step in line for that awesome beautiful excitingly fun ride that takes my breath away and leaves me smiling and refreshed afterwards, wanting another run. 

After all, they do say 'life is like a roller coaster. It has it's ups and downs. It's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.'  I might be on one of the down parts, but I do have plenty of rides left, hopefully with many ups, and all with a beautiful view. 

What was, and is, your favorite amusement park ride? Can you relate your life to any?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread