Walking on Wednesday ~ Don't Panic

In an effort to relax in the evenings, I have taken up reading again. I feel the need to escape into other worlds at the end of these long, stressful days.
Sadly, I have misplaced my Kindle, much to the upset of hubby and family, who helped me try to find it last week. (Instead we found the largest hairball under the couch, and I found a pile of clothes on my closet floor, all of these things a whole other story.) 

I really have no idea where it is, which is very upsetting first of all because it is an expensive thing to forget where you put it. Second, I really want to get some new books, for free as we are on such a strict budget, and I need a break from the stress. But I really can't think of where it is!!! 
So, I was handed The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by my oldest, who says I will like it even though I have seen the movie. So far, I do like it, when I manage to stay awake long enough to get through more than one chapter. 

Particularly helpful is that it reminded me of one thing: DON'T PANIC, which is inscribed in large friendly letters on the cover of the guide. This is generally good advice for any experience, not just traveling through the galaxy.

When we panic, our normal sense of logic, if we have any, is completely lost.  The panic takes over and nothing gets solved, done, sorted out, or fixed. A state of panic is counterproductive, if not leading us in the entirely wrong direction. 

If we remember those large, friendly letters, DON'T PANIC, then we can take on the problem with a clear head. Add a bit of flexibility and that may just lead us to solving the problem, even if it isn't what we originally intended, or planned. 

Our paths change, even if we don't plan it, expect it, or even think we want them to. We must trust that we will end up where we need to be. 
So there is not need to panic. There is no need to overreact. With a clear mind, we can sort this mess out. 

A nice cup of tea helps as well, and of course, don't forget your towel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread