Music Monday! One Headlight

Ahhh my day off. Spent cleaning, as usual, and driving kid to friends house. The normal 'mom' duties I used to be able to do any day, but that are now restricted to days off. Sometimes I don't know how I will get through everything that needs to get done, and still keep my sanity. Some days I just get through. But today at least I got to enjoy a bit the duties of Mom.

On the trip, I noticed many cars for a Monday, which actually makes sense due to the upcoming holiday. But what was unusual was the cars with one taillight and one headlight. There were MANY of those. And it never fails, when I see one headlight, this song pops in my head.

It is actually not a happy song necessarily, but it is so poetic, and the feel of the song is quite perfect for a rain filled day. Not depressing, but not happy-go-lucky, somewhere in between. 


Hey, come on try a little, nothing is forever
There's got to be something better than in the middle
But me and Cinderella put it all together
We can drive it home with one headlight

This song is said to be about the death of ideas, (not actual death of a person).Using metaphors and images in the lyrics was simply beautiful way to get the idea through to the people. (Jakob has the talent his father did of beautiful writing) The 'one headlight' was symbolical of getting the ideas through, even with hinderance. 

There is something better than in the middle, and even with one headlight, we can drive it home. A great thing to remember when the clouds are overhead, (it has been raining most of the day....so that is my metaphor) when you must get through despite having to do it with potential difficulties. 

A great inspiration, particularly for us - small business owners, moms, wives, - all hard working people. Drive it home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread