Music Monday! On Top Of The World

I know it's hard when you're falling down
And it's a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now. 

A good sunset hike last week gave me the peace and energy I didn't even realize I had been missing.  I didn't realize how nature, quiet (real quiet that can only be enjoyed far away from houses, streets, buildings, people) and natural beauty could make me feel like I was on top of the world. And of course, this song popped in my head.



A sense that I had been missing something in my life hit me, about when I had found what it was that I had been missing! I had found it in the time I was out there hiking, seeing, feeling nature. The waterfall, the sunset, the streams and trees. This is what I loved doing, and lately that feeling had been avoiding me. 

I found found what had been missing out there, and that alone made me feel like I am on top of the world. Like Imagine Dragons says:

I've had the highest mountains
I've had the deepest rivers
I've had it all but life keeps moving
I take it in but don't look down

'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ay
I'm on top of the world, 'ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Payin my dues in the dirt
I've been waiting to smile, ay
Been holding it in for a while, 'ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world.

It felt so good out there! How do I keep this feeling? THAT is the question now. Yes, there is not one answer, but it sure won't be doing the same things I had been doing. Life keeps moving, so we have to move with it. Get up now, get up, get up now.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread