Music Monday! Amadeus Batman

I bet you are laughing. Those two things do not seem to go together, I would normally agree. Under any other circumstances, this is true.

But today, these two things were how I started the day.



A discussion since last night has rocked us. Yes, the 80's are trendy now, strange to us who grew up in the 80's. It was fun then, but to re-live? To be reminded of some of the fashion, the 'whatever' of the 80's - that we could certainly do without.

But once in a while, a song pops back in our heads, and there it sits. And with discussion of the 1980's, this song, Rock Me Amadeus, came up and it has remained there in the forefront of our minds ever since.

No, we do not understand much of what he is saying, so we mumble along until....

Amadeus Amadeus, Amadeus
Amadeus Amadeus, Amadeus
Amadeus Amadeus, oh oh oh Amadeus

Come on and rock me Amadeus.

So why Batman?


Bat-Girl, actually, showed up at our house early this morning.

When I dropped her at school we caught a glimpse of Spiderman too, but couldn't get a picture of him.
It is Spirit Week at school, and today was Super Hero Day. 

It gave me a chance to re-live those home-made Halloween costume days I once enjoyed. THAT I didn't mind re-living. 

I thought those days were long gone once my kids got past Middle School, so really enjoyed the last minute fixing of the ears, making a mask, and pinning of the Batman symbols that we had created ourselves. (actually, my daughter did most of the work, I just lent a hand)

Thus Amadeus Batman is the theme of today. Reliving times of the past that didn't seem like big deals at the time, but looking back, were some pretty good times. Not to mention pretty funny sounding together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread