Walking on Wednesday ~ Stay ~ With Some Music

Makes Me Wanna Stay. Don't It? 
Source: piccsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

Yes, I arranged to have 2 days off in a row this week, Tuesday and Wednesday. I spent the latter part of Monday at work, sick. And I spent my day off yesterday sick, of course. You are only sick on your days off. I didn't even get my walk/run in. I didn't get my Music Monday done. I didn't cook. I didn't even get dressed until 3:30pm. 

I have to say it was great to just sit and rest ALL DAY long. I really didn't feel like doing anything else, and that I knew I had another whole day where I didn't HAVE to get in by 11am and open and be stuck at the shop all day, well it just makes me wanna stay and waste some more time.
Wasting time
Let the hours roll by
Doing nothing for the fun
Little taste of the good life
Whether right or wrong
Makes us want to stay stay stay stay for awhile


This song reminds me of our time in the Caribbean - the warm weather and sunshine, the lazy days with the kids at the beach, watching storms roll in and feeling the warm rain, letting the kids play in the mud. It came out the year my youngest was born, and we listened to it over and over when they all were little. 
 
So was my time really wasted? I say no, time just sitting around, resting, just enjoying time. Not wasted at all. 

 
We all need time to simply STAY for a while, to just watch the little things happen, to dance in the rain, mouths open.


The poetic musings of Dave Matthews make me appreciative of life and sweetly nostalgic.

I shall miss these things
When it all rolls by
Because it sure does roll by. So make sure you make time to stay, and enjoy, as if 
only for a moment this good time would never end.

Comments

  1. Sorry you are sick, but sometimes the best thing you can do is sit and do nothing. Even if your not sick you still need a day to just chill. Those kind of day are never wasted.
    Feel better soon,
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Valerie.
    I feel better, and enjoyed my time so much I wish I had more. But tomorrow back to the shop to sell, hopefully. Already looking forward to next Tuesday - my next day off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread