Music Monday! Brian Wilson

Did you miss me?
It has been one whole week since I last blogged.
You could say I had my Brian Wilson week.

I did manage to get out of bed, didn't stare at the ceiling tiles all week. Though you could say I suffered from some kind of creative drought.
I didn't go to the late night record shop. (I can't stay up that late) 
And now I am ready for this week. You will be able to find me out in the sandbox, building castles in the sun.


**Side Note**
I have always been a fan of the Barenaked Ladies. When my youngest was a baby, my sister made him a tape (remember doing that?) for him to listen to when he went to sleep. It had their early tune If I Had a Million Dollars on it, the first I had heard of The Barenaked Ladies. (here is that song)

It was 1993 or 1994, when they were still an Indie Band touring in Canada and near there, in Buffalo, where my sister was a big fan. I thank her for introducing me to them then, and still love them today. So does my son, incidentally. All those years ago, he listened to them, and maybe doesn't remember that, but still enjoys their music. 

Maybe it's because of the reference to Kraft Dinner. He loves that. Or it's enjoying the process of thinking about what we would do if we had a million dollars.....What would you do with a million dollars?

I would stay away from Kraft Dinners, I know that much. I kind of always wanted a monkey tho, and a tree house with a fridge! Yes!

Comments

  1. Your Monday posts always make me happy!! Hadn't listened to the Barenaked Ladies in FOREVER!! I hope to have a creative week too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Michelle, it had been so long for me too. I have one of their CD's somewhere....
    But they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread