Music Monday! Two for Tuesday!! Purple Haze, there must be some way out of here....

Perfect for this Two for Tuesday, since Benedryl left me in a HAZE for 2 days!
(and well, I like purple)
I found myself this morning desperate to
find some way out of that dreamy, cloudy feeling.

I now remember why I stopped taking the stuff.
It went a little like this today:
Wake up, take Benedryl, sit at computer, doze off, fall into heavy dreaming sleep, wake up, try to figure out if this is still a dream, have nagging feeling I need to do something, but can't remember what, and know I am unprepared for it. Resolve to get back to work, sit at computer, doze off again, dream I volunteered to speak in front of my high school children's class, about what I do. In dream, I am late, and reconsider that high school children will want to learn how to crochet, or even care, get interrupted so I am even later. Wake up, still feeling like I am in a dream, wondering what it is I am supposed to be doing that i just can't remember. I can't get my head out of that dream feeling.




That was today!

Yesterday, not so much sleeping, but certainly could not get anything done. Last night, after taking Benedryl all day, no wonder I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30, still unsure of how I got to bed.

Finally, this afternoon, the medicine wore off  and I welcomed the clear head, even with itchy eyes and sneezing. 

So that is why, first I missed Music Monday
And second, you can enjoy some Jimmy Hendrix.
(You HAVE to check out the official website - THAT is the kind of background Raige would love!!)




I ended the day 'Claritin Clear'. Just hope the Claritin keeps doing a good job, and I don't have to go back to Benedryl anytime soon. I think after a few days of taking either one, the effectiveness wears off, so you just can't win. 

In that case, it's best to just enjoy the music.
No - I am not sure what it was that gave me that 'I gotta do something' feeling. I do know, that this afternoon, with a clearer head, I accomplished a lot of what I didn't get done yesterday.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. So sorry you suffer from allergies. I though would wish benedryl would work like that for me. Sounds like a great sleeping aide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Leta, I wish I could say it was a good sleep, but really, not the kind of sleep that is resting. It is a strange sleep. It seems benedryl only does that to me after a few days of use. But I wouldn't recommend this for a good sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drug induced sleep is not restful, and if you're anything like me you get fantastically amazing dreams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JacBer, I had amazingly stressful dreams, like I was late for speaking in front of a class of high schoolers. then when I woke up, still felt like I was dreaming. I wish for fantasically amazing dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread