Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recycle Tutorial – Making Of T-Shirt Yarn | craftpassion.com

I know most people Spring Clean. I have been Summer Cleaning.  I have been cleaning out my drawers in preparation for a move and I found I had so many shirts I never wore, didn't like, were worn out, etc.  And then I got to my husbands tee-shirt drawer. Talk about shirts that were never worn, others that were worn too much.  So many!  What to do with all these shirts? I usually donate, but the thought of taking more bags across town seemed too much at this time.  I thought of making a quilt, but some were just too beat up.  Since my creative juices have been flowing also, I wanted to find a new use for these old things.

I remembered stumbling across this tutorial that shows how to make T-Shirt Yarn, and thought this was the prefect solution.  I had to share the brilliance of this. You can take all your old tee shirts and make them into something new.  Click here for the full instructions:
Recycle Tutorial – Making Of T-Shirt Yarn | craftpassion.com

You can make drawstring bags (free pattern here ), braided rag rugs, placemats, table runners, the sky is the limit!  Perhaps balls of t-shirt yarn is no easier to pack than t-shirts, but certainly has much more potential.


Posted using ShareThis

3 comments:

  1. It is really a wonderful way to reuse something deemed unusable. I'm working on learning how to weave with the locker hook. There are some really interesting designs with t-shirt yarn using this method. If you have ever done it, I'd love to hear your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! I make scarfs/boas out of used t-shirts and I posted a tutorial a while back, but this idea is even better. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stuff - I bough that book Generation T last year - it's fantastic for ideas for things to do with old t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts!