Lazy Sunday and Dreams

Wow. I haven't really had a lazy weekend like this one in ages. The weather took a turn, and we have had stormy and chilly weather. Not like the East Cost of the US chilly, but darn chilly for a tropical island.

And it has really sapped the motivation.

You would think I would be all - "It is perfect wogging weather! I am so getting out there to wog!!" But nope. Nothing. I glance at the shoes, that is it.

I guess it is good to just be lazy some weekends. And when it is rainy and gray and cool, it is quite nice to stay cuddled up on the couch under a blanket. 

I even relaxed enough to have this dream, a dream that I remember, and had a content hopeful feeling to it! It was a running dream. I have them somtimes, particularly when I haven't been running or wogging. So the dream goes:

I go for a run. And I am running down some street or up some hill, breathing  heavy and everything. Feels Like I am really running, except I always feel great and fast in my dream runs. (This does not happen in waking runs.)

I was running down our old road to a developement of canal front homes. I had run in my dream over 2 miles to get there. Normally I only have 1 more mile to go before I have had enough, but in my dream I was saying to myself - 'oh I guess I will be adding some distance to my run then! Great! I can to that!!" I was all for it! 

I was running and looking for a place for sale that we could buy, and also to find our friend's home who had in real life just told us how great it was living in that neighborhood. But of course, in my dream it wasn't all hot and sunny like it normally is here. It was decidedly fall like temperature and thus, suddenly I was in some coastal New England place with different ships, boats, and even different trees and the neighborhood was not really like the neighborhood here. But I was so excited and hopeful! I found a place, it was nice and just what we were looking for! And I had just found our friend's home, which was not far from the place I decided we wanted, so I would have a friend in the neighborhood! A win-win! 

Then I woke up. Raining, cool. Still feeling content, relaxed, like I had our future all figured out. (Not ready to go for a wog though.)

You see, we do have to move again in a few months. And I honestly can't wait. The more we are in this place the more we are ready to move. It was meant as a 'landing pad'. I place where we could re-group and figure out where we should be next. We sold our last  place so fast we didn't really have time to figure out a long term living situation. So we snatched up this small rental as a temporary place. It was good for a month, but then we started seeing this wrong, that wrong, this broke, that broke, and are realizing this place is not as nice as we thought and not as nice as the price we are paying! Looked good, but when you got down to living things just were done poorly and half assed so not up to par. 

So we have been anxious to move on. I guess this is what the dream was about. Moving on, to a place where we will be content for more than and few months, perhaps even more than a few years. We need a bigger place. It turns out we weren't ready for a one bedroom place. Even though the kids are all off at school and such, well it looks like they will be coming back for longer periods so dangit we need more space for them! 

And my wish list is specific, and perhaps a little over budget. But yes, I am ready for a place on a canal. 
(Thus the possibility for a boat is back on the table, as we would have a place to keep it!)
I am ready for a couple of nice neighbors. I miss nice neighbors. 
I am ready for a quiet neighborhood.
(We are currently in the flight path for the airport landings, and I have about had enough of overhead engines all friking day long. PLUS the stray chickens are driving me nuts, and all the complaining to the landlord has done no good. I saw one neighbor feeding the fucking things so all hope for getting them removed is gone. I have to just put up with them pooping everywhere we walk and the roosters crowing all fucking night long. The windows are so thin it is as loud with them closed as it is with them open.)
I am ready for a yard that doesn't flood, ready for a garden of our own, ready for more space so our kids don't have to sleep in the living room. 


So my dream was enough to keep me going today. The hope of getting out of this place to a better place, even if it isn't a canal spot, is still fresh and making me feel, even chilly and rainy and all, quite content to be lazy and enjoy. It is the last day I have with my kids that I don't have to work, it is open window weather, life is good. 

There are still the chickens and roosters making noise and mess, the backyard is filling up, but still life is good. This is not forever and soon we will be moving on, and weekends will not be so lazy. So today - lazy is fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread