Music Monday! Panic

Or the line that repeats, and will repeat over and over in your head because you can't remember the words for the rest of the song:
Hang the DJ
Hang the DJ
Hang the DJ


This song rather pleasantly was brought back to me (last time I heard it was back in the 1980's!) after watching Black Mirror, thanks to my kids.
It was played at the end of the episode named 'Hang the DJ'. If you have not seen any Black Mirror episodes (on Netflix), I suggest you give it a try.
It is an interesting series, no two have the same characters, and each is a different storyline. All have a 'Future Technology' aspect that is a bit creepy most times. As in, "wow I hope technology does not take us in THAT direction", or "wow I hope THAT kind of technology is not ever used like that!" 

It can be unsettling. After 2 or 3 episode my hubby says 'no more, I am technologied out'.
But a really good series I look forward to seeing, of course in moderation if hubby is watching.

I found this video discussing this particular episode, which is interesting as well. It reminded me of those discussion questions at the end of most school required readings, meant to spur a lively discussion of the book and its intended meanings, or unintended. This video discusses such things for the Hang the Dj episode. And actually this type of discussion is rather spontaneous after watching these with the family, which is another reason I like this series. It raises some interesting issues, some uncomfortable feelings, and some rather differing theories of show themes and 'lessons'. We often spend a good amount of time discussing after watching. A very nice thing to do as a family.



A good show. Which if you ask me are damn hard to find on regular TV. Added bonus on Netflix, no commercials. 
So, take what you will from the meaning of the song in these crazy political time and crazy weather happenings and just plain crazy times. And you're welcome for sticking this song in your head.
Hang the DJ
Hang the DJ
Hang the DJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread