Sunshine. 'Nuff Said

That is it. Sometimes, just sunshine is enough to make the day great. Add to that 3 days of 2 + miles each day now, and life is pretty good. I thank the return of sunshine for this.

Sunshine makes it glow!
Yes, simply the sun. Even tho it's January, and the cold has set in, the sun was enough. I don't mind the cold, as long as the sun is out. Seeing what it did to this sculpture, I knew the sun has a profound affect on everyone. 
I see people milling about downtown, find that visitors are in fact in Asheville enjoying the mountains in the winter.  They come out when the sun does, walk slower, look around more, bask in the sun basically.

Ominous in the grey rain.
The sun brings brilliant light, uplifts the mood, and gives a nice golden glow to things we see every day and have blended in with the background. 

It had rained for 4 days straight, almost non stop. I gladly took 2 of those days to enjoy the cloudy greyness, but by the 4th day I was more than ready for some sun. Luckily the weather cooperated and gave us some much needed sunshine.

I see this metal sculpture nearly every day. I see it walking to open the door to the shop, I see it gazing outside during slow times, I see it after I have locked to door and am headed to go home each day. But I had never really notices how different it looked based on the weather. 

When it is grey out, it does have a glow, but its grey-ness makes it feel ominous, but when the sun is on it, the feeling is completely changed.

Musicians use as a backdrop.
I see it behind some wonderful things. Talented musicians for instance. 


It is a beautiful and interesting backdrop to other performances as well. Part of what makes Asheville a unique place.


Jugglers too use it 
When the sun shines on it, it brightens everything around it. And it really is an interesting sculpture. The patterns on the metal, the strange shape, the draw it has on all sorts of people who pose for pictures in front of it, the shadows it throws. 

I was ready for sun, both literally and metaphorically. And it seemed something about the literal sunshine also made me see that my grey stressful days would soon clear and see sunshine again as well.  

And though both gray rainy days and bright sunny days are beautiful, it is this change of nature that keeps life going. Without the one, the other would not be so beautiful and welcome. 
The details of it not noticeable in the rain.

The sunshine brightens us from the inside out. It makes us notice details would could not see in the dark. 

If you haven't noticed these things, then maybe you just need to take some time to see how it affects everything around you, and join in on the fun. Then you too may agree that when there is sunshine, that is 'nuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread