Motivation? I lost it.

I lost it. I lost motivation. Well, I lost motivation for running, and blogging. 
I still seem to get up and go open the shop, but that is all I can seem to accomplish these days.

It has been 3 weeks since I blogged! And 5 days since I have suited up and got out the door to run OR walk!! 
Rainy view from work.
Today, I think I remember where I stashed that motivation. It was buried under mental exhaustion and stress, and hiding from the almost non-stop rain. It is still raining, but I am pulling out my motivation to begin to dust it off and use it again. 

Sometimes it takes other peoples words to get me motivated. And other people's ideas. Here are some that helped me dust off my motivation and at least stretch today. They worked so well for me here I am, I am even blogging, and I really hope to get out there and run tomorrow.

These words do relate to running, but really you can apply these to every day, simple living. (All are from Favorite Run.)

--Quit overthinking it. Run for today.

--FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY: Consider taking a short break from running if you think you’ve got the beginning of an overuse injury or you’re truly fatigued. A couple days of rest may be the thing to reinvigorate you. Call this one instant running motivation for three days from now. (I am on day five now...but my legs were telling me to cool it, they hurt at the beginning of each run, they hurt when I walked up stairs. Now, they feel much better, so my motivation from being able to walk normal should get me going again)

--JUST START. If the thought of running your full workout is too much to bear, just suit up to run around the block. Chances are, once you’re outside, you’ll start to feel better and put in at least a few miles.

--DON’T EXPECT EVERY DAY TO BE BETTER than the last. Some days will be slower than others, and some days might even hurt a bit. But as long as you’re on the road, it’s a good day.

Running Race Tee Shit Quilt from Kent Quilts/T-shirt Quilts
--PAY YOURSELF. Set a price for attaining a certain weekly mileage goal. When you hit it, pay up. Keep your mileage money in a jar, and once it accumulates, buy yourself that new running jacket you’ve been ogling.

--IF YOU DON’T RUN ROAD RACES, where will you get all your T-shirts? (I love this idea! Motivation to accomplish 2 things!)

--REMEMBER that you almost always feel better after a run than before it.

I hope some of these can motivate you! It's okay to let motivation hide for a short time, but we can't let it rest for too long. If we do, we forget how nice it really is to be out there, running, walking, doing things, accomplishing things. So pull out your motivation, dust it off, and get moving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread