Walking on Wednesdays - Mall Walking

My uncle introduced me to mall walking years ago. His form of mall walking was different than I ever thought of, being the typical 80's teen. Go to the mall to just....walk???

He needed a place where he could get his required exercise after a heart attack that was sheltered from those harsh Buffalo winters.  
Mall Walking - photo from Flickr.com
The mall was the perfect place, lots of space to walk in climate controlled environment. It was an added bonus that my uncle has very good taste in clothes and other items, and also he loved the thrill of a good deal. So he would walk daily, seeing the same stores day after day, and noticed when items went on sale
Leather Jackets - photo from Flickr.com
He then watched those items, and waited util they were discounted even more. When they were at their lowest, he walked right in and got some great items for a steal. Leather jackets, Farberware pan sets, you name it, if he got a great deal, he bought it.  

Our trip to the mall yesterday, unfortunately, did not have those weeks of research behind them, but we still managed to get some good deals, and I walked and walked and walked. I even wore my walking sneakers.
What the boys picked out
Of course, we didn't set our course in the most efficient way. We chose our course strictly according to desire.  Victoria's Secret, American Eagle, Game Stop...you get the idea.  My daughter and I sent the boys on their own to pick out and try on their shorts and browse, while we went to our section and did our girl shopping.
What the girls picked out
Not the typical day of walking, I don't think I broke a sweat (well maybe while trying on shorts...why are they SO SHORT these days?).  But still, mall walking has it's benefits too. You get moving, you exercise your body, and mind, making decisions, hunting and gathering.  I think it is a nice way to add some variety to your exercise plan.
Just a fraction of what I have to finish!
Now, back to work to help pay for some of these great finds.

Comments

  1. That's the problem with mall walking -- you have to pay for what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, mall walking can be expensive unless you leave your $$$ at home! Haven't been to our mall since before Christmas...maybe,soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm looking for something in particular I walk to shops I wouldn't normally go too, and because I want a certain thing, I never find it and come home empty handed! I never thought about it from a 'yay you did exercise' point of view before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, I don't think I've been to the mall in years!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread