Music Monday! Cats in the Cradle

Father's Day Special

I remember this song, a 1974 hit, when I was a small child.  The lesson got lost on me then - I just liked it because of the familiar nursery rhyme references.  It wasn't until Ugly Kid Joe made it popular again in the early 1990's, and I was about to have my first child, that the meaning of the song truly sunk in.  I was touched by the sadness, and took the warning of the message of 'actions speak louder than words' to heart.  I try to keep that in mind each day with my children, with those near and dear to me, and hope that my children will learn to value each other, family, and those close to them.




Let's remember this Father's Day to honor our Dad's and keep in mind how short life is - and don't let things go left unsaid or undone...

Raige Creations will still honor the Saturday Blog Shoppers Father's Day Special through today - Monday - in case you need a gift for your Special Book-loving Dad.

Comments

  1. A special nod to Jim from my husband, an old Gallery friend, should he happen to stumble accross this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While working out tonight and listening to tunes on the iPod, The Living Years came up by Mike and The Mechanics. Usually just keeping rhythm with the song while elliptisizing, I listened to the words on this one. A song very similar to Harry Chapin's Cats with the same theme about it being too late when we die to say those things we failed to say while living.

    Catching up on my blog reading, here you are speaking of this very same thing. Wow!

    Good post Raige.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely sentiment, it's wonderful when music/lyrics touches your heart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread