Thankful for...... A New Chapter in My Little Book of Life

As if I was actually writing a book.....I am not..... but still consider it a new chapter that has just begun, even if only metaphorically speaking. A new chapter in my little book of life.
Source: Pinterest
I have embarked on a new adventure, I have embraced the magic of new beginnings.

I started a new job. It is a job I really wanted, and was so happy to get.
Though, driving in the first day, I was...well there is no one word the word for the feelings.
I felt so many things:

I felt a little worn out, like 'Here I go again having to start over'.
Then switched to 'I am starting something exciting.'
Then felt 'How strange to have this new start, excitement like I was just out of college starting a new life'.
Then the doubts. 'Can I really do well at all the many and varied aspects of this position? Some I have not done in a long, long time, and some not quite to the depths that is required of this position! Can I really do this?'
Then thought 'Ugh, I have to meet 30 or so new people. I am not sure I am up for that.'
Then back to 'This will be good, it is what I wanted! Embrace it!'
Source: Pinterest

At the end of it, I am so thankful for this chance to start over.
Without even realizing it, my last job had become frustrating, stagnant, and there was so much underlying stress to it I didn't even realize how miserable it was making me.

After having to leave that position, I sort of wandered a bit. Not physically, but mentally.
Wandered a bit lost in thought, 'what do I do now, how do I put myself out there again???'
It was scary for a bit. I had become complacent and comfortable, just going along with the ride, even if it was a bit boring, a bit bumpy, a bit frustrating.

But it sunk in that I needed this change. I would have become more miserable, and frustrated. I needed to move on. Then, this opportunity presented itself, and I said 'Yes, I can do this job!'
More than that, I said 'Yes I WANT the challenges of this job!'
It encompasses much more than I had been doing, I am expanding my duties, which is exciting and a little scary at the same time. But I know it is just right for me at this point in my life.

So, I am thankful for this great opportunity, pushing my limits, taking on responsibilities that I had asked for at my previous job - but was denied. I was forced to stick with the status quo in that position, and had no chance for a change in the position.
With the offer of this job, I finally had my life's accomplishments up to this point acknowledged rewarded. I worked hard up to this point and I am so grateful for this chance to excel at this new position with all that it offered.
(Even though it pays considerably less, the previous job took from me more than the money it gave me...that could be a long story to tell some day. A nice reminder that money doesn't bring you everything.....)
One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors, found on Pinterest
This job is with a group of people who are working toward a cause I totally believe in and support - the Environment! I get to be the support for people who go out every day taking care of and fighting for the world we live in. I am so thankful for what they do, and so glad I have a chance to have a hand at making their jobs go smoothly.

I am thankful that I am starting this new chapter of my little book of life.
I know this will be a great chapter, I will make sure of it.
I hope it is a nice, long chapter.

Starting a new chapter can be scary, but imagine if the same old dull chapter continued.
Sometimes it is better to start a new one, and be excited about life again.
Have you had a chance to change the ending of your book of life?
Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! This sounds like a job that totally fits you and your heart desire! Yes, I've started over several times with tears, heartache and excitement each time. Looking back it all lead us to our current season of life, which is our hearts desire place. But along the way we didn't even know it. Just pushing through with a faith that peace was ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book of life is far from over. This new chapter sounds like a winner! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my life's accomplishments up to this point"....those words jumped off the screen and into my head and heart. What a wonderful, positive place to start those moments of remembering! Thank you, darlin' Raige, and GO! get to work on time and love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all, my friends! I know each of you has had chapters that change your life too, so here's to all of our different chapters!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread