Music Monday ~ Time in a Bottle

Wow, I hadn't heard this song in YEARS! And here it was...but modern, heavy, cool!
We watched Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw - our Saturday night 'date' movie. I wasn't real excited to watch it, but when it started with this song, my mood changed. Was this that song I used to LOVE? Wait, it IS Time in a Bottle, but ROCKIN'!! Okay, this could be a good movie then, if they picked that song, my warped thinking was (it was almost midnight....)

And I actually enjoyed the movie, even though it was a completely predicable ridiculous action movie, it was entertaining. 

This version, the cover of this oldie but goodie, it was not bad! The song is one of the few songs I learned to play with few mistakes (mostly) on the piano. I have a music box that plays this song. I love this song, and have since the 1970's. I always loved the original Jim Croce song. Yes, it is one of those AM Radio songs I heard playing in the kitchen when I was young. But this cover was so rockin', man. COOL!

I just love the lyrics of the song - the concept of time saved to be with someone - very poetic and yet impossible. From that age and time, I have been trying to understand how to capture this thing  - time. Yet, it is fleeting, it cannot be controlled, and this led to the idea that we should enjoy the little moments, as they will pass so quickly. I have tried to live this way - enjoying the moment. It is just so hard sometimes. There never seems to be enough time.

This song was written when Jim found out he was going to be a dad, in 1970. Tragically, he died just 3 years later, in a plane crash

If only we could save time, and capture it, in a bottle, to use when we have - well - time. 
If only. 

If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you


If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do, once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty, except for the memory of how
They were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do, once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread