Music Monday! The Ocean

I asked for suggestions, and a great cousin of hubby's said she was listening to Led Zeppelin yesterday.
This request led to an evening of the band for me and hubby last night, and nearly all day streaming the band at work, until I found one that spoke to me, that fit. This one does, more or less.


But seriously, so many good songs to choose from. So many!

So many that brought back memories of my brother. He was the one who first introduced me to this band. Through his closed bedroom door. He was a musician, a true connoisseur of good rock music.

So many hubby had stories about. He knows stories of the band members, and he introduced me to The Song Remains The Same movie. If you have a couple hours, check it out! It is worth it, I believe.
The concert was at Madison Square Gardens, this video a part of it.
They put on a great show, excellent musicians.
And, story from hubby, Robert Plant didn't even realize he was rubbing his fingers through most of the concert, he was in another realm, if you know what I mean. But what a concert!
I know I am late to the Led Zeppelin fan club. But I am certainly a fan now.
Perfect for listening to all day, the variety of songs is amazing.
(and no, Stairway to Heaven is NOT on my favorites list from them!)

But this song, The Ocean, well it is great and it fits.
Even though ~ "The ocean is a metaphor for the "sea of heads" faced by lead singer Robert Plant "in the auditoriums", according to the group's biographer Dave Lewis" 

Since I just spent nearly every weekend over the last six months training in the ocean, with a great race last weekend in the ocean, and the song mentions mountains, where I lived before here, and has a classic Led Zeppelin riff, well it was a no-brainer really.
This song is epitome of a Led Zeppelin song, and a great song for Monday. What better way to start a long week ahead? A great song to get the riff stuck in your head.

Thank you to cousin Su, for without your suggestion my Sunday night and Monday would have been so blah. Instead, it was rich with great music and memories and stories. Thank you.

Lyrics below from here, so you can sing along, though good luck ~
I believe no one can do as good as Robert Plant.

[Count-In: John Bonham] - "We've done four already but now we're steady
and then they went: One, two, three, four"

Singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain
Hitting on the moonshine, rocking in the grain
Got no time to pack my bags, my foots outside the door
I got a date, I can't be late, for the high hopes hailla ball.

Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar
Play for free, I play for me and play a whole lot more, more!
Singing about the good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost its way.

I don't know.

Sitting round singing songs 'til the night turns into day
Used to sing about the mountains but the mountains washed away
Now I'm singing all my songs to the girl who won my heart
She is only three years old and it's a real fine way to start.

Oh yeah!

It sure is fine!
Ah blow my mind!
Oh when the tears are goin' down!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Ooh so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread