Music Monday! Who Can It Be Now?

I was in the kitchen the other day, cooking something I can't remember, when I noticed this little guy spying on me.
Who can it be, knocking at my window?
Like he was trying to figure out a way to get in, he stayed there for quite a while. As often happens, 80's songs pop in my head in certain situations, and this was no exception.


Now, I like lizards. It wasn't that I didn't want him to come in really, it was just that he was there, peeking in at me rather suspiciously. Almost creepy.....

I feed the lizards out back, but the ones out front are not as friendly. They run off quckly and do not let us get very close. But I do enjoy seeing them just the same.

However, I can't say we say the same thing about human visitors. In fact, hubby hates having visitors. Several times last week he uttered; 

"I just want to be left the *&$% alone!" 
(edited to not expose you to his use of colorful language that he uses quite regularly).

He does not like surprise visitors, and lately doesn't even like planned visitors. He likes his pivacy. Understandable in our small aparment. There really is nowhere to run and hide. And the older I get (or just the more he rubs off on me), the more I can understand the uncomfortable feeling one gets when there is a knock on the door unexpectedly.

This song was inspired by bill collectors hounding Colin Hay prior to his success, and we can certainly relate to that too. We are still paying off renovations to our home, at the same time gearing up for finishing some unfinished projects we will have to figure out how to pay for. 

I believe we all go through  a 'leave me the *&$% alone' phase at one time or another. That is part of the reason this song was a hit. And sticks in our heads. And creeps in our minds when there is a knock at the door you weren't expecting, or some little critter is stalking you at your kitchen window.

Best off if you hang outside

Don't come in, I'll only run and hide....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread