Music Monday! Young Turks...Young Hearts....But Why Just the Young??

This song is on my 'Mom's Run Playlist - Fun' (as opposed to the 'Race' one or the plain one with a whole heap of songs that really aren't good to run to....)

I added it when my kids let me know about this AWESOME tool to make any YouTube video a file you can put on your (or on my hand-me-down) ipod, otherwise known as MP3 file. I went on a bit of a binge on YouTube of 80's music, and that is how this made the list. It actually has a good running beat! (much to the surprise of hubby that I would put ANY Rod Stewart song on a running playlist...needless to say, he is not a fan.)



So I was running, and at this point in the run I was concentrating on the words (it was hot, and I was tired). I remembered this song from my teenage years, where some of the lyrics were inspring to a young mind, who was a bit bored with the suburban life, and dreamed of more exciting things to come. Like this line:

"Young hearts be free tonight. Time is on your side,
Don't let them put you down, don't let 'em push you around,

don't let 'em ever change your point of view."

Inspriring!
But as I ran, sweating, breathing heavy, and trying not to trip and fall into an oncoming car, I thought: "Why are these lyrics just for the Young?" 

I can say, I am not that young anymore. But, why should I not have a free heart? Why should I let anyone put me down, push me around? And certainly, no one is going to change my point of view, right? RIGHT!

These apply just as much now as they did then! 

"We got just one shot of life, let's take it while we're still not afraid.
Because life is so brief and time is a thief when you're undecided.

And like a fistful of sand, it can slip right through your hands."

Take any shot, never be afraid! Life is so brief, take risks, go for it!
There were times when I got complacent. Hubby and I got comfy in our place, even tho it was using up everyting we had saved. We didn't look far enough for a solution, and more of our savings were used. We reached a point where we just had to lose that fear, and expand our search, and take a chance. And we did! 

It was really the best thing we could have done. We gave it all up, sold almost everything, uprooted the family and moved to the one place we could make it work. It was over ONE THOUSAND miles away! It was a risk, it was a scary move, and it hasn't always been easy. But sometimes you DO have to take that shot. In our mid 40's we took that risk, and we hav enot regretted it. 

You are never too old. Time is a theif when you are undecided, no matter how old you are. So decide, and DO. Life is too short to sit still. 

Like a fistfull of sand.....it can slip right through your hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread