Be free-floating, allowing the situation to surround you, and be in it. Take in the full surroundings, including the temperature of the water.
This may bring incredible clarity, presence and focus. This is what is means to be a jellyfish.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

I love the rain, today

Not much more to say about it really. As we all feel different about a good rainy afternoon turned night downpour. But tonight, the last night of my vacation, I couldn't have asked for a better day. It is the perfect day to be home, a rainy day.
Found on Pinterest
I didn't really accomplish all I wanted. But I did make chili, been simmering alllllll day. And I made some marinated conch, actually a time consuming dish only that it takes great care and time to cut up the tough conch. I all did this before lunch, and then have been enjoying intermitten naps with the smell of chocolate chip cookies my friend made this afternoon.

Imagine this: dinner simmering, delish appetizer to snack on all day, rain and naps to smells of chocolate chip cookies. Sounds like a dream day, right? Something we would ache for on most days.

Honestly, this was a totally unplanned chain of events that has made this the day we all promise to have every now and then. And that is what makes it all the more beautiful, I didn't set out to have these chain of events takes place, I didn't plan to have this nearly picture perfect vacation day.

The key is to accept these events as they happen, and let the day unfold. I perhaps did feel a little like I should 'accomplish' something, 'do something' and I did have to talk myself down from that. It is my nature. I also, eventually, accepted that and relaxed.

And now, will enjoy the chili, the rice I did just manage to make, and have chocolate chip cookies, maybe with a little ice cream for dessert. Tomorrow may suck, after a week off work, but I will still have today.
Found on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!