I love the rain, today

Not much more to say about it really. As we all feel different about a good rainy afternoon turned night downpour. But tonight, the last night of my vacation, I couldn't have asked for a better day. It is the perfect day to be home, a rainy day.
Found on Pinterest
I didn't really accomplish all I wanted. But I did make chili, been simmering alllllll day. And I made some marinated conch, actually a time consuming dish only that it takes great care and time to cut up the tough conch. I all did this before lunch, and then have been enjoying intermitten naps with the smell of chocolate chip cookies my friend made this afternoon.

Imagine this: dinner simmering, delish appetizer to snack on all day, rain and naps to smells of chocolate chip cookies. Sounds like a dream day, right? Something we would ache for on most days.

Honestly, this was a totally unplanned chain of events that has made this the day we all promise to have every now and then. And that is what makes it all the more beautiful, I didn't set out to have these chain of events takes place, I didn't plan to have this nearly picture perfect vacation day.

The key is to accept these events as they happen, and let the day unfold. I perhaps did feel a little like I should 'accomplish' something, 'do something' and I did have to talk myself down from that. It is my nature. I also, eventually, accepted that and relaxed.

And now, will enjoy the chili, the rice I did just manage to make, and have chocolate chip cookies, maybe with a little ice cream for dessert. Tomorrow may suck, after a week off work, but I will still have today.
Found on Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread