Music Monday! American Woman

"American Woman!"

Said in not so nice a way.....to me....by Hubby.....

Guess why?

Because I didn't cook rice with dinner last night.
I cooked potatoes.



Who cooks rice WITH potatoes?
Not me.
And last night, we had potatoes.

But apparently, I was reminded yet again, "There must be rice with every meal!"

Damn Caribbean Boy. He grew up with rice, or rice and beans with every meal. But he knew when he married me I was not a cook. I have come a looooong way since then, but apparently I still don't always get it right.

It is true, we haven't had rice with a meal in a  few days...4 days without rice, I believe. And apparently that is just one too many days without rice.

So, tonight, rice, with something I don't know yet. Maybe even rice and beans. Because I don't want 'American Woman' to mean 'Can't cook worth shit' anymore. 

Comments

  1. Geeze! I always end up cooking too much rice, so we have rice for two or three days in the fridge, reheated as needed. Perhaps that's an option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems no matter how much I make, there is either none left or very little.
      And I usually make 2 to 3 cups of rice.
      We like rice a little bit...lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread