Music Monday! Take A Walk

This song is included on one of my playlists for my run/walks - or Wogging (a term I just heard this past weekend at a 5k that I signed up to run, but ended up doing the walk with a jog in the middle mile. I love that term!)

My oldest son made me a playlist just for Wogging, in his smart-assy way included songs with the words walk or run in them, but this one actually has a great beat for walking.



The song also reminds me that taking a walk, run, or exercising in any way, really does wonders. It makes you exert energy, which lowers stress. It takes your mind off all those stressful things that have been bothering you - or else it helps you work through issues that you have been struggling with. 

If you are oustide exercising, it helps to remind you how awesome nature is - either the views, the rain, the hot, the cold, the earth and plants - awesome in positive and negative ways, all keeping you humble to its power. 

After you are done with your walk, run, Wogging, or any other excersise or exhertion, you feel great! You did it! Your mood is better, you are calm, you have a sense of accomplishment. 

So, next time you are irritable, and someone tells you to take a walk, no matter if it uses the F-word or not, do it! Get up, get out there, exhert, even if it only Wogging. You will feel so much better afterwords.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread