Dang, it's October 1st! NaBloWriMo begins, I think I need a mantra or two....

As I gained consciousness this morning, I was wrangling the tasks to do today in my head. It is going to be a full, busy day, dealing with lots of people. That alone is enough to make me feel I have to prepare, not to mention the errands I have to run as well. Each on their own is draining, together, almost too much.

I almost wrote on the fridge board Terrible Tuesday. But not wanting to spread negativity to the kids, I wrote this:
Wishful thinking perhaps.
At least some great art was in view.
Sculpture done by my daughter.

photo courtesy Raige Creations.
Determined to make the best of this day, I got right down to folding laundry (yest at 7am), as I had put that off for far too long. Then it hit me.

October 1st.

I lost a little of the positivity I had mustered. Where had the time gone? How did it get to be October already?!

Then I remembered NaBloWriMo, on top of everything else. NaBloWriMo = National Blog Writing Month.
A blog post a day for the whole month of October. 
Can I really do it? Do I really need to add this to my long list of things I have to get done?!

In a funny way, this is just what I need. Jump right into the change, jump right into the writing that I want to establish and grow.

Instead of finishing up the business paperwork that needs to be done, instead of sending the pile of emails I need to, instead of getting my walk slash run in, I am here writing. The dog needs a bath, and oh---what do I plan for dinner??? 

If we don't make time for our passions, sometimes they slip away. So here I am writing. I will catch up with the rest of my tasks later. Maybe. At least I will be on my way to the new direction, embracing the changes that need to be done. It may turn out to be a Terrific Tuesday after all.

If I keep saying that, it just might work. I am not usually one for mantras, but today I just might need it. 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 
It will be a Terrific Tuesday! 

Do mantras work for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread