A Lizard, An Old Arnold, and A Cool Ride ~ Weekend Musings

I got this idea in my head.
I thought I should try to find one cool thing a day, or write what I am grateful for each day.
So I started snapping pictures.
Random, things I thought were cool or interesting. Because life has always got interesting things happening if we just take notice.

This week, a list of random things that caught my eye.

I found a lizard living in a little plastic guy we found on the side of the road. The plastic guy sustained an injury getting blown off the porch rail, but it seems to have worked out because now he is open for business as a Hotel for Lizards. See this little lizard hanging out on the 'arm porch'?  Great for taking in the scenery. Then the lizard just turns around and goes up inside the head when he ready for sleep, or hiding.
Lizard Hotel

We were visited by this great Old Arnold bird, what they are called here. They are in the cuckoo family of birds, and make the coolest sounds. Perhaps named after an area of the island, or perhaps of a person? Not sure really. They come whenever you mow your lawn and eat up the exposed critters in the yard.
Old Arnold
Often there is a whole group of them, maybe 5-10. They will follow the lawn mower around and hop on the next victim as it is exposed. This guy must have had a full belly because he was just hanging out on the light out front. The lawn mower was in the back.  Good to have around, they seem to me like smart old souls who are happy to help clean up the yard.


Then there was this cool ride I saw when I was at my 'new gym' (the beach, more on that in a later post). I am in training for a one mile open sea swim so I try to swim in the ocean twice a week. This ride got there when I was swimming so I saw it when I was done.
Our future transportation? Nah
Hubby is always talking about a side car for his motorcycle, says he wants one for me. I always say, what is wrong with me riding right behind you?  Well he has never really answered that question. He hasn't got a side car either, so I guess it isn't that bad after all. Still, you don't see these very often, so this was a fun site.

I am left to wonder what this week will bring, as long as I am looking.
I have realized that if you are looking, you can usually find some cool and interesting things.
So I will keep looking.

Have you noticed any cool and interesting things going about your normal week?

Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite things to do! If you stop to look around you, you'll find interesting things happening all the time! For me lately I like seeing the squirrel outside use the telephone wire as a shortcut between the trees (and also to mock the animals below.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread