Music Monday ~ Double Feature! Never Tear Us Apart and Madness

Writing has been difficult for me lately. The words just do not come easily, or if they do they are a jumbling mess of rambling on. And not good rambling. So to ease back in I thought a Music Monday would be a nice, easy effort. Well, turns out that wasn't as easy as I thought. 

Let the rambling begin! Can you believe this is only the 2nd blog I have done in 2022?

I have had lots of stress, work is ridiculously busy and there was an incident that has been quite stressful to deal with. I do hope to write more about that soon. But the words to write about that are not pleasant words, and what I have to share about that I (finally) realize is precisely why I am struggling with writing. 

What happened to me made me more reserved, questioning every action I did. I realize now the effect this incident has had on me, and the effect it had on my writing. 

Now that I realize what has been the cause of my writing difficulties, I can begin to work through it and get back to writing. Maybe not the same as it once was. I often read old blogs and think 'hey that was good!' But lately, I haven't written anything I thought was like the old days. I have been very critical of my writing. Has it evolved any? Not sure. But at least, today, I am doing it. Maybe I just have to be happy with how it is now, and maybe I just have to keep writing to get it to a point where I can say again 'hey that is good'.  I am not there yet, but here I am, writing.

See? More rambling, and not good rambling. Just chaotic rambling. And here I thought a Music Monday would be a nice, easy way to get back in to writing. Instead, it feels like rambling nonsense.

So back to Music Monday! Never Tear Us Apart, by INXS. With Spanish subtitles. So a nice retro band, We had nearly forgotten INXS. And somehow it got back on our radar, and it is on our regular playlist. Also, I am trying to learn Spanish - thus the Spanish subtitles. Simple. Some retro groove while learning something new.

It can be just that simple. You can just enjoy! 

Or wait there is more after this...


 OR

This blog may be dated and tired, and maybe I should close this down and start all over. This idea was introduced to me earlier, before I started this post, and first I said WAIT, WHY? I just need to get back to writing. The thought sort of scared me, MADNESS I thought! Start over with a new blog, new name, new direction? Ha! cray cray! MADNESS.

But really, if my writing has changed, perhaps this blog is not the right fit for me any longer. I have been told Music Mondays are dated. (Gasp! NO!! I love Music Mondays! Wait, am I dated then??) 

I have evolved from where this whole blog started. The world is a much different place than it was way back in February 2010, when I posted one of my first real blog posts. The internet is a different place than 12 years ago. There are 'influencers' and pod casts, Instagram and nearly everyone has a You Tube channel (me included! but I haven't done much there)- and we do enjoy watching all the seemingly regular people cooking channels and the talking heads channels and seemingly regular people's history channels, (if you click the links you can see some of our favorites).

We now stream music, TV, movies, EVERYTHING. We stream everything. It is kinda crazy. We don't even have a landline anymore. Plus, we have a gazillion passwords, it is madness. Madness, yes we have had loads of madness lately too. Thanks, Muse, for this song that so eloquently helps us through madness. (I love this song, it is one I don't mind having in my head....m-m-m-m-madness.....)


So perhaps I DO need a new blog, a new channel (I do have a GoPro now and plan to take videos to share...) It was hubby who suggested I start a new blog. And he does have good advice, often


I have started over before. More than once. If you follow me, this blog, you know that every so often there is some form of starting over in one way or another that I am struggling with. We grow, we learn, we adapt. We all do it, but some of us seem to have big changes more regularly than others. 

OR

Is it we are meant to always be learning and growing little by little, until we must take that big leap to get us where we are meant to be? 

That must be it. I am going with that. And now I realize I have been trying to get this finished for almost 5 hours. Another reason it is hard for me to write, I just write and write and research and find links and pictures. It takes me so long. But, I do enjoy it. And rather than giving up, I will keep at this until it is finished. I will let myself keep at it until I am satisfied. That has been hard, letting myself just keep going. To let myself share, to put this all 'out there'. But here I am.

And that is where I am meant to be. Sharing, writing, enjoying. Whether it is this blog or another one. If it takes me 10  minutes, or 6 hours (yes! it has been 6 hours now!!). I need to let myself do it, and be confident in doing it.

Stayed tuned to see where I (and this blog) may be headed. Though there will probably be another Music Monday or two before then.......

from yourtango.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread