Good Things 2020

Well this year I am trying it. A Good Things Jar
Good things jar. Strategically placed.
For years we have seen this idea, but I bet no one has really ever done it.
Well, okay not no one, but really, do you know anyone that has ever done this?
Just do a quick Pinterest search and you will find a bunch of Jar Ideas.
Source - Pinterest
I never have started a jar, but always thought it was a good idea.
This year, I finally put one out.
Strategically placed next to the fridge, on top of our antique medicine cabinet, in plain view.
(a photo of my mothers now in the background, near our duct tape because you never know when you will need duct tape, and emergency flashlights and candles which we need more than you would think because the power goes out that often. Ah island living.)
I still need to put scraps of paper near it with a pen, so it is easy to add the good things.

All in an effort to ensure this year, setting the tone for the next decade, will be different.
I am determined to stress less and enjoy more.
After the last decade, a new one that is more relaxed and enjoyable is certainly in order.

In the last decade there was so many moves, changes, mistakes, losses - stress!
The next decade needs to be more enjoyable.

Focus on the good things, right?. This is what 'they' say. It will lead to more good things, 'they' say.
But more than that, I love the idea of reading everything in the jar at the end of the year. We get so busy with life, we often forget all the little good things that make up our lives. And really, life is all about the little good things, right?

I already added a good thing. Hint in the picture below.
It was a great way to start the year, the decade.
Thumbs up, Sailors!
New Year's day started with wonderfully enjoyable sailing.
Then, after a couple hours on the water, time spent with family and a boatload of good food.

Today, we are going snorkeling and following that up with some of the best Jerk Chicken on the Island. Sense a trend here? Fun and food.

May not be good for my waistline, but since I have also already signed up for Flowers Sea Swim 2020, I will have to be sure to get in shape. The motivation struggles have started already. Not an uncommon issue for me.....

So if I can at least get in the water a couple times a week it is better than nothing.

But. This year, this decade, WILL be different, dammit. Me, my Good Things Jar, and my struggle with motivation will take on a less stressful more enjoyable year, leading to a great decade.

And if difficult times occur, at least I will have my Good Things Jar to remind me how much good there is in this life.

Are you going to try your own jar this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread