Today's Run ~ Yes, That Is I Ran The Whole Time!

Wow.
I did it. I ran non-stop today. No middle of the trail walk because I was so out of breath, no "I'll just walk for a little bit then run again".

I did my normal walk down the long driveway and up the first hill ~ this is my everyday warm up. 

Then I ran. I did not slow to a walk at the road with the hill, I went straight, to the second school. Then I turned and went down that road, and back up that hill, all at a run

I dealt with others walking ~ meaning I had to reel LadyJ in and keep her from trying to greet each person as we passed. All at a run. This is not really an easy task when running, as she always seems to try to run right in front of me, tripping me. OR runs behind me tangling us up in the leash. 

Then there was the other runner with his dog. He must have the same problems because he quickly got off the sidewalk and into the road so we could run past each other not too close, as both dogs seemed to want to get near each other. This meant I was running in one direction, the dog a completely different direction. Luckily I won, all at a run.

I kept running too, all the way back to my driveway. I don't think it mattered that I skipped the road with the steep hill. I would have had to slow to a walk on that one for sure. So today I decided it was more important to run the entire way than to do that hill and end up walking part of it. 

And I did it. I ran the entire way. I proved I could complete a workout with running the entire time. And it felt great, even without that extra leg of it. I accomplished a goal I have had, but had never been able to accomplish until not. 

I was so inspired, that when I saw this race going on next week, I thought, "Hey, I can do that!" 

So, I am going to do that. Next Saturday, the 2012 Jingle Bell Run/Walk. Though I will be running. My first public run since middle school. Probably with bells on, and maybe a Santa hat. Yes, now I am completely comfortable with humiliating myself, something I would have never done in middle school.

If all goes well, next weekend's blog will be of my successful run, hopefully with pictures that someone else takes. Because lately, taking pictures while running is something I have yet to master. Thus no pictures in this post. 

But that is my next goal. I will soon be able to run AND take pictures. I am not promising they will be good pictures however........that will take some time.......

Comments

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread