Music Monday ~ Lovely Day

Surprisingly, this song had the distinct effect of making my day...well....lovely. 

I was driving to work one day last week, in heavy traffic. I have mentioned before, perhaps a few times, how bad traffic is. A normal 20 minute drive takes me 40 or 45 minutes during rush hours. I was getting more and more irritated, going 4 miles per hour, then 12, then 4, then stop. Oh, and excuse me I was leaving space between vehicles, not saying please cut me off. Geeze. And then this song came on.


Well, it was just a lovely song really. So mellow. It has quite a nice message too. I mean how sweet the lyrics are! Just lovely.

By the time I got to work, it actually WAS a lovely day. No the traffic didn't get better. My mood did. I was noticeably in a better mood, humming along this quite , well frankly quite repetitive, song.  After so many lovely days you just start having a lovely day! Just goes to show you, we can change our moods and perspectives. Sometimes all it takes is a lovely song.  

Hopefully this song can get you through this Monday - it sure does get stuck in your head. (over and over lovely day, lovely day, lovely day) Plus - the longest sustained note ever recorded in an American pop song is in this song - 18 seconds! 

That is hard to sing along with, particularly when your yelling at the car that just cut you off.

Source

Have a wonderful, even lovely, day. 

Also, let's celebrate International Women's Day!! The theme this year is Choose to Challenge. Life in general is a challenge, but this year we continue the challenge to call out inequality. From challenge comes change. So let's commit . Click here to join in the challenge. 

Happy Monday.

Comments

  1. You are some kind of woman! WHY, you ask?

    Always find the BEST kinda music to make an old lady's day!!!


    HUGS 'n Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread