Thankful for....Turtles...and My Job

Grateful. Thankful. It is said if we acknowledge what we are thankful for regularly it will make us happy. If we write down what we are grateful for we live a more fulfilled life.

I will try to get back to my thankful posts, lord knows we need some more positive things to hear about these days. 
So today I am thankful for turtles, and my job. 
Perhaps a short explanation is in order. First, my job. 

I had a high paying job that I traded for a job I am passionate about. I am truly thankful for that, even if it did mean a hefty pay cut. 
I am so challenged and busy in this current job, but I really like it, and love the variety of things that go on. For instance, what other kind of finance and HR job will you come across a bucket full of turtles

Our team of turtle monitoring people brought this bucket in to the office the other day. The intent was to give it to my boss, as she lives near the beach where these little guys were stranded in their nest. The intent was for them to be let go at the same beach later, after dark. But my boss was not able to do this, so I volunteered. Actually, it was more like I jumped at the chance. 

Babies recently hatched rescued from nest

Yes, I got to take these little cuties home with me and wait until dark to release. I also got to enlist the help of my daughter, who never got to experience tiny turtles run towards the sea. 
They are adorable, and they sure knew which direction to go when we got to the beach. Nope, no pictures as we didn't want the flash to confuse these little tikes trying to make it. They headed right towards the water and it was the greatest thing to watch them reach the surf, and finally get taken out to sea. Makes your heart swell with hope that they make it. And they are just so darn cute.

These are opportunities that never happened working for a law firm, my previous high paying job. No, at that job I only dealt with attorneys and accountants, not the most inspired bunch. It made me quite miserable, if I am to be honest. 

No two ways about it, I am truly thankful that I now have opportunities to help out little creatures, and to support the team that supports the environment. I get excited about these things, I have no problem working towards the good the department strives for. There really is no describing the difference in my demeanor, I honestly didn't know how bad it was until I changed jobs. 

I am so thankful, and yes, I do have more. Maybe not more money, but more challenges, experience more beauty in nature, work with more caring and good people, have more joy. 
Thank you turtles, and the good people I work with. 

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday! Just Dance

Toekini Anyone? It's GIVEAWAY time!

Weekend Musings ~ Will Walk for Bread